Sunday, May 31, Car Parade
The parade is a way for the school to congratulate and celebrate the Class of 2020. At the end of parade route, Seniors will receive their diplomas and have a graduate photo taken with Walsh Jesuit in the background. Being together and seeing your Seniors’ faces will be rewarding, knowing how hard they worked over the past four years. While we may be tempted to share some gesture of congratulations like a handshake, a high five, or a hug that day, the Walsh Jesuit community needs to remain safe and act responsibly according to Health Department guidelines. To ensure a good flow throughout the parade and to ensure the safety of our families, we’ve compiled the following information. Please read:
- Each senior and their family will be allowed one vehicle in the parade. (Oversized vehicles, such as RVs or party buses, are not allowed.)
- The parade will go from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- We ask that Seniors whose last name begins with A - H begin arriving at 1:00 p.m. We ask that Seniors whose last names begin with J - P begin arriving at 2:00 p.m. We ask Seniors whose last names begin with Q - Z begin arriving at 3:00 p.m.
- Enter Walsh Jesuit through the south entrance. The parade route through campus will start at the south entrance and proceed to the north entrance. Cuyahoga Falls Police Department and Walsh Jesuit security staff will be directing traffic.
- Seniors may not drive a vehicle during the parade. Seniors must sit on the passenger side of the vehicle. This will ensure a safe and efficient process for exiting vehicles prior to receiving a diploma.
- At the end of the parade route, each graduate will exit their vehicle wearing a face mask, receive a diploma, and have a photo taken (without the mask).
- Seniors are to wear their cap and gown in the car. First Honors Seniors should wear the gold cords found with the graduation materials they will pick up Thursday, May 28 or Friday May 29. Besides First Honors cords and tassel provided, no additional decorations (including on caps) should adorn the graduation garb.
- Seniors should dress for the graduation photo, by wearing appropriate attire under their gown. (Photos will not show feet or area below the gown.)
- Families are invited to decorate their car prior to arriving at Walsh Jesuit.
- Students and their families will not be allowed out of their vehicles while on campus, except for the graduate when receiving a diploma.
- Vehicles without a WJ 2020 graduate will not be permitted in the parade. Campus parking will be available to employees only. Visitors—except for family riding with the graduates— will not be permitted on campus.
- Once the photographer has reviewed and edited the photos, we will send you a link where you can view your Seniors’ photos and have the option to download at no cost.