Walsh Jesuit Ignatian Formation
Celebrating a Faith that does Justice!
Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, Ignatian Spirituality affirms the world and all-creation through the gift of God's grace and love. Ignatian spirituality finds God in all things, persons, places, and events. Our way of proceeding, therefore, is to praise and reverence and serve our God by loving and serving our neighbor. We seek to be "men and women for others." All of our activities are directed toward the greater glory of God. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!
Faith and justice are intrinsically tied to one another. Faith without justice is blind. Justice without faith is merely volunteerism. Christ calls us to be more than humanitarians, but to become prophets of the Reign of God.
Campus Ministry supports the Ignatian vision through the following activities:
- Daily Examen
- Ignatian Leadership Formation
- Participation in the Fall & Spring Ignatian Family Teach-ins
- Retreats centered on themes from the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Encouraging our students to be "men and women for others" through Christian Service
- Collaboration with the Jesuit Secondary Education Association
Lord, teach me to be generous
Teach me to serve you as you deserve
To give and not to count the cost
To fight and not to heed the wounds
To toil and not to seek for rest
To labor and not to ask for reward
Save that of knowing that I do your will. Amen.